What makes online dating great is the fact that you are able to fully express yourself without blubbering. You can think of what to say before clicking send! But some people end up nervous and unable to express themselves despite the advantage of talking to them via phone, so how will you be able to boost your confidence and chat smoothly with people you are interested in? Here are some tips on how to do that and score a good date!
- Don’t start Tinder Chat with cheesy pick up lines in hopes of looking for something serious. Usually, this is a turn off for many women. Go for a simple hi and how are you before getting into that.
- Don’t always talk about yourself. While it may be an interesting topic for both of you in order to get to know each other, it shouldn’t always be about you. Ask about them and show interest. Ask follow up questions, but know your limits as well. Ask about the basic information before you get into personal details to not scare them away.
- Be confident. This is easier said than done, but it’s the only way you will be able to start talking! Some people may not want to begin the conversation, so it’s up to you. If you’re truly interested with the person, start off with a hi and let it go from there. You’ll be surprised as to what can happen after!
- Don’t begin your chat with a sob story. If you just broke up with someone, don’t look for sympathy right away. Be straightforward, but don’t use those types of liens to pick people up. Most likely, they won’t work.
- Act cool. Don’t look too eager, but don’t be so cold either. Balance is needed. Don’t be too talkative, but don’t answer with only one word messages, either!
- Be yourself. This is one of the most important things you need to be! You wouldn’t want to lie to anyone, especially if you see chances of it becoming a long-term relationship. Show your true self and avoid pretending to be someone else. They will appreciate it more, and you will truly know if they are interested with YOU and not who you are trying to be. Avoid being pretentious and just act the way you do with your family and friends.
- Be polite and respectful. Avoid cursing while chatting, or fighting them (unless you are a troll, which is bad!). Being polite gets plus points, and you will be able to attract more people when you show that you are a respectable person who wants to make good conversation. Be interested with what they have to say and they will do the same.
- Do NOT ask about personal views. Yet. This is best when you meet them face-to-face. Plus, you wouldn’t want to begin a conversation with someone you haven’t met through asking what their view on abortion or the government is! It’s pressuring and a bit too personal.