The scalp is the area extending from supraorbital margins in the front to external occipital protuberance and nuchal lines at the back and to the temporal area on either side. This is made up of five layers and is richly supplied by the blood vessels and nerves. Scalp protects the brain from major injuries and acts as a cranium. The five layers are –
- Connective tissue
- Apo neurosis
- Loose areolar tissue
The scalp is innervated by both sensory and motor nerves and richly supplied by the blood vessels. It is supplied by ten nerves –
- Supratrochlear and supraorbital nerves are the branches of the trigeminal nerve, which gives the ophthalmic branch. These nerves supply the frontal area of the scalp.
- Zygomatic temporal nerve, which is the branch of maxillary divisions of the trigeminal nerve. It supplies the temporal region.
- The auricular temporal nerve which is the branch of the mandibular division of the trigeminal nerve.
- The temporal branch of the facial nerve. You should check the homepage where you will get important details about it.
Out of all these five nerves, four are purely sensory, which carries the sensation from the scalp to the brain, and the temporal branch of the facial nerve is the motor that brings the information from the brain to the scalp.
Post auricular nerve (5 nerves supply this region behind the ear)
- Greater auricular nerve – C 2, 3.
- Lesser occipital nerve C 2 supplies behind the ear.
- Greater occipital nerveC 2 supplies posteriorly upto the vertex.
- Third occipital nerve C3
Additionally, all these four nerves are sensory in nature and carry the sensation from the scalp to the brain. The posterior auricular nerve is the branch of the seventh cranial nerve- the facial nerve. This nerve is purely motor and brings the sensation from the brain to the scalp. Any nerve which may get damaged due to an injury can lead to serious complications.
Exam time is one of the most stressful times for students. They are preparing for their exam all the time and often neglect their health. In this article, we are going through some really useful tips that students can follow in order to get the best results.
- The first and the most important aspect of preparing for your exam is that you take care of your health. There are various ways in which you can do that. You should take proper and timely meals and if that is not possible you can have multi-vitamin tablets such as modapro that will help you in preparing well for your exam.
- The next thing that you should be paying attention to is that you have enough time for the preparation of your exam. You should never leave the preparation part of your exam at the last minute. This way you get enough time to cover all the aspects of your exams.
- Having an organized study space will really help your mental state. As you have everything organized you will more comfortable and confident in yourself and would be able to concentrate more on your studies.
- Visual aid is a scientifically proven method that is effective in the learning process which is why you should always study with the help of flow charts and diagrams. This will also help you with your revision as well.
- Preparing from previous year exams is a great way to prepare. You get to learn about the exam pattern along with the questions that are frequent.
- If you can help your friends with their exams then that would be really great for both of you. As you explain important topics to your friends you also get to memorize the topics that you are explaining.
- Lastly, taking regular breaks is also important for you. This will refresh your mind and would allow you to learn more efficiently and would improve your productivity as well. It is recommended that you take a small break after every 45 minutes to be in optimum condition.
With all these tips you can prepare for your exam more efficiently and would get better results as well.
Before you can think of a thesis statement, you need to determine the kind of paper you are writing. With an idea of the type of paper, you can easily come up with your thesis statement without too much of a hassle. The following are examples of papers that you can settle on.
This type of paper breaks down an idea or an issue into different component parts. After breaking these parts down, it evaluates and expounds more on the idea or best essay writing service. What the audience gets is the presentation of the breakdown and evaluation of the idea. This type of paper is perfect if you feel a strong inclination towards a certain idea. Here, you have the opportunity to give your reasons as to why you feel something should be in a particular way.
Just as the name suggests, this is an explanatory paper. It explains something to the audience. It makes the audience understand more about something. When you decide to write such kind of a paper, you need to be ready to research wide in order to get all your facts right. You don’t want to mislead your audience while explaining something.
This is a paper that makes a particular claim about a topic and then goes ahead to justify the claim with specific evidence. The claim could be anything from:
- An opinion
- A policy Proposal
- An evaluation
- A cause and effect statement
- An interpretation
With this kind of paper, you are looking for ways of convincing the audience that your claim is true. The only way to do this is to have valid evidence in your paper.
Once you are sure of the type of paper you want to write, make sure that when writing a thesis statement it is specific and to the point. It should cover what you intend to discus in your paper and nothing more.